5/4/09

Arikka's tubes.......

Last Friday we to have tubes put in Arikka's ears. We spent the night in Jackson on Thursday to Friday because we had to be at the Hospital at 6:30 in the morning. Once we got there, they took her right back and started getting things ready, they put her in this cute little hospital gowned. At about 7:25 am Dr. Trott came in and talked to us for a minute, then they let me carry her back to the operating room! I gave her a hug, and the nurses took her in.... I was told it would only take about 10-15 minutes, but honestly I didn't believe them.. So I went back to her room, called my mom, ordered some breakfast (I love that hospital, they have room service!!) and then Dr. Trott came back in! He told us everything went really good!! It had only been 10 minutes!! I had to check my phone, to see what time I called my mom... 10 minutes!! We got our breakfast, ate it really fast and in no time she was back in our room!!
I was able to take some pictures of her, and so here they are!!


Roger taking Arikka out of the car.

Just about to go into surgery

All done!! Finally she can eat, so I am feeding her a bottle!!

Another one in her recovery room!

Getting dressed to go home!!


All in all, she did really good, and is still doing really good!!

3 comments:

welchfamily said...

I am glad that everything went well. I love the picture of her in her gown. She looks so cute!!!

The Sutton's said...

I am so glad that it went good!! I hear that she is talking up a storm, that is so fun!! I can't wait to hear her talk!! I will try to call you soon, I think I have a few min on my cell phone so I will give you a call soon!!!

Brittany said...

I also love the pic with her in her gown before sugery. She has the cutest grin! Glad everything went well.