8/24/11

1st day of school!

SO, the day has come when my sweet little McKayla started school!! She is now a big girl and is in kindergarten!! Today started out really well.. We woke Kayla up at 6:30 so she could have breakfast, shower and get all ready for her first day.. When we took her into the bathroom to shower she informed me that no longer needs toys in the shower and she can stand up like Mom and Dad do!! Let me tell ya, I just about died!!! Really kid, you are not going to High School!! After her shower she helped me pack her lunch and we were off to curl her hair!! Here are some pictures that Roger took of her before we both took her to school for the first time!!!


I love this picture!! She was saying, "Dad, this is enough it's time to go!!!"

The back of her hair!!



One more Dad, then it's really time to go!!!

I have to say, I did really good dropping her off!!! We parked the truck, walked her in, found her class and found her desk.. She was all excited to sit down and see what they were going to do today!!! I had her give both Roger and I a kiss then we walked out of her classroom! I was expecting her(more like wanting her) to be like Mom don't go, but NO!! She just sat there with this look on her face like, see ya later parents!!! I think I did really good at not crying.. Well at least until we got home and Roger had to go to work.. Then I started to cry like a baby!!!! I am so excited that my little girl is in school and that she is excited to go, but it is really hard on the Mom!!! I love you McKayla Joy James!!!!!

3 comments:

The Sutton's said...

She looks so cute for her first day of school. How long did it take to curl her hair? It looks like a lot of work!!! I don't think I could do girls hair, I struggle with doing my boys hair, so good work doing her hair sooo cute!! I can't believe that she is old enough for school!!!

Grandma Joy said...

WOW! First Day! I can barely believe that she has gotton so big! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.
As always she looks wonderful! So grown up and so eagar to get going. I am going to miss my little girl friend.
Good luck McKayla. I know that you will do amazing things in your lifetime! I love you.
Grandma Joy

Brittany said...

Her hair is gorgeous! Hope she loves school and that you will be okay with her going every day :)