**Warning this is a LONG post**
I figured now that Shannon is 4 weeks old I should probably share her story on how she came into this world. It all started on Tuesday, September 13... I wasn't feeling good all day, my back was hurting and I was feeling "different". When Roger got home from work at 6pm I told him something was wrong, he wasn't totally convinced that I was in labor and said I should call my Mom and see what she says... My Mom wasn't home and I couldn't get her on her cell phone, so I ended up calling my sister Rebecca. She said she thought I should go into the Doctor, so I called the Dr. The Dr. said I could come in and get checked out but I didn't want to drive all the way to Evanston just to get sent home, so I ended up calling the Dr. here at the clinic.. (btw I finally got a hold of my Mom and told her what was going on).. By the time I get into the clinic it is 8pm. They check me and I am at a 3, so we just chill out for a hour and they check me again.. This time I am at a 4!!! So off to Evanston we go!!!! We get to the hospital at 12:30 am, they check me and I am at a 5!!! We just kinda hung out at the hospital all night, no pain meds for me yet, so no sleep for me, but Roger is sawing logs!!!! At 7 am the Dr came in and checked me again, I was still at a 5, so they decide to start me on the "pit" to help me along. I got the epidural at 9am. My Mom and sister Nanci showed up to help me with my 2 other kids (which were with my mother-in-law and on their way to the hospital. We had a blast talking, laughing and just hanging out! (Nanci pay back is totally coming when you have your next kid!! LOL!!! LoVe Ya!!!) Anywho, my 2 other kids got to the hospital right when it was time to start pushing (so I never did get to see them before I had the baby!!)
Both of the other times I have had my baby's my mom and mother-in-law were in the room with us, but Roger and I decided to have this baby just the 2 of us. It was such a easy delivery, we pushed for like 10-15 minutes and she was here!! It was so easy, to tell ya the truth I actually delivered her!! I asked the Dr. if he would let me take her out of me and he said yes, so I did!!! She arrived at 1:56pm and weighed 8 lbs even and was 19 inches long!!! Welcome baby Shannon Ell James to our CrAzY family!! We sure love you baby!!!
10/12/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am glad that I was able to come to the hospital. hopefully i didn't drive you too crazy!! You little Shannon is so cute and I was really happy I got to hold her before I left!! Hope all is going well for you!!
Glad she got here safely and totally crazy that you got to pull her out of you.
Post a Comment