12/10/10

Broken nose!

Okay, so most of you already know, but my sweet little McKayla broke her nose and banged up her face yesterday. Here is the story behind this sad little face.



McKayla loves to dance! She is always trying to get her friends to dance with her, well yesterday her little friend Mckenzie was dancing with her. Somehow they both tripped over each others feet and fell.. Mckenzie (who is 2, and a lot shorter then Kayla) missed the shelves in our toy room, but McKayla hit them face first... Hitting her nose and mouth on not one, but TWO of the shelves.



She had to go over to the little E.R. over here. We decided not to have them stitch up her lip (between her nose and upper lip). I didn't think either her or I could handle that, so we had them glue her cut shut. After gluing her up, they had to take her back to have x-ray's of her nose. Sure enough, she has a small fracture on the right side of her nose...



We got really lucky that it wasn't worse then it is!! She is already starting to get some black eye's and her face is REALLY swollen, but nothing seems to be bothering her right now.



She is one tough little princess!! I will tell you, I think Arikka is more upset then either Roger or I!! She won't let Kay out of her sight!! She sure is worried about her big sister!!!

1 comment:

The Sutton's said...

Poor Kayla!!! Jaron keeps telling mom that really hurts, I don't want that to happen to me. I hope she heals quickly!!! We can't wait to see you on Saturday!!!